Subject: [Leica] Latest Lympa Log photographs
From: datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff)
Date: Sun Dec 9 21:00:21 2007

Shots of buildings in broad daylight are a bit like shots of people
with no catch-light in their eyes. Just as we say that the "eyes are
the windows to the soul," I think that windows are the eyes of a
building that let out some its "soul".

I have often enjoyed walks at dusk when lights have been switched on
but the curtains have not been closed yet. Houses take on a kind of
personality quite different from their daytime appearance.

BTW, I have found that a good photo exposure seems to be when the
incident light falling on the building is at two stops under the
reflected exposure reading on light coming out the windows.

Thank you and everyone else for the comments!
Gary Todoroff