Subject: [Leica] Consensus (? on LUG) on IR filters on M8
From: freakscene at weirdness.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Thu Dec 13 16:58:09 2007

I'm with George - and I must stress that my M8 and I have an uneasy
coexistence - for my own photographs I've gone back to film for monochrome,
_except_ for IR, where being able to see results immediately, not having to
work with cumbersome viewers and modified meters is a tremendous aid.  And
carrying a couple of filters is SO much easier than carrying another camera
specially modified for only IR work.  It also helps that I am used to
working in IR on a tripod, so I can blend several exposures to get the
highlight gradation I've come to expect from film.

For most of my own monochrome photography, where a tripod is not an option,
I prefer film.  When I'm making images for work, a lot of it is in colour
down a microscope where I can control the light - digital works better than
E6 films did here.

Gallery:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/main.php?g2_itemId=7617

Most people can only judge of things by the experiences of ordinary life,
but phenomena outside the scope of this are really quite numerous.
        Shen Kuo - 'Dream Pool Essays'

--
10 Great Gift Ideas- Take a Look!
http://mail.shopping.com/?linkin_id=8033174