Subject: [Leica] Trip to India - Suggestions?
From: alal at duke.poly.edu (A. Lal)
Date: Sat Dec 15 19:51:25 2007

Hi Frank,

I was using the term 'shift' in its general sense, i.e, movement of the
lens' axis away from the center of the image frame. On a non-bellows camera
you select the direction of the movement: left, right, up down, diagonal,
and so on, and move the lens in the selected direction.

If the building is very tall, and one cannot avoid pointing the camera up,
you need a high vantage point - which I mentioned in my original post - to
avoid converging verticals.

A shift only camera is a bit of a compromise, but quite practical.

Regards,
Akhil