Subject: [Leica] R8 - mirror sticks in up position - where in US for fast service?
From: gpinkcp at msn.com (Gary Pinkerton)
Date: Tue Dec 18 05:51:30 2007

Eric
You might give Kindermann Camera in Canada a call [Gary Perry or Gerry
Smith] they may give you quicker service even with the distance.
But, as I say, call'em, might be rough anywhere this time of year.
http://www.kindermann.ca/Service/default.html> Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007
00:54:51 +0100> From: douglas.sharp@gmx.de> To: lug@leica-users.org>
Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 - mirror sticks in up position - where in US for
fast service?> > Had the same problem with the R5 when the winder batteries
were low.> Douglas> > grduprey@mchsi.com wrote:> > Eric,> >> > Have you
tried it without the winder attached?> >> > I have never had a long turn
around with Leica NJ on Film cameras, 2-3 weeks max, I send 2 day FedEx to
get it there quickly also, and request next day return shipping from Leica
NJ which they do no problems.> >> > Gene> >> > -------------- Original
message from Artist Eric Hiss <4spam@eh21.com>: -------------- > >> >> > >
>> Hi All, > >>> >> My R8 camera body seems to be sick. About every 3rd shot
the mirror sticks > >> in the up position and the camera winder is slack. If
I move the winder > >> lever to the full out position and let it snap back
several times the mirror > >> will come back to its normal rest and I can
wind the camera for the next > >> frame. Anyone have that problem with their
R and know what it is? > >>> >> I use this camera a lot and want to have it
repaired quickly - have heard > >> about the long turnaround times with the
Leica NJ service - so was wondering > >> where else I might send it for
service? I'm in San Francisco... > >>> >> Thanks, > >> Eric > >>> >>> >>