Subject: [Leica] Screw mount lenses on M bodies
From: Thinkofcole at aol.com (Thinkofcole@aol.com)
Date: Thu Dec 20 12:00:50 2007

Dave, if you have a Leica M6,  it can handle 28, 35, 50, 75, 90  and 135mm
M-mount or [with an adapter] screw-mount lenses...

Leica, Voigtlander and others made/make adapters but to bring up the
correct
lens frame, you have to use the correct adapter...The adapters each have
the
lens frame engraved on the adapter:   35 for 35mm lens, 135 for  135mm
lens...some have a range of numbers   35-50 for example...Any  adapter will
allow
you to screw on the lens but unless it has the right number  it will not
bring
up the right frame...regards, bob

In a message dated 12/20/2007 2:50:43 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,