Subject: [Leica] Quietly passed away
From: leicar at q.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sat Dec 22 11:06:44 2007

 Douglas.  Having just gone through this myself, I can really empathize with
you.  My dad was laid to rest on Tuesday.  It has been two weeks since I
heard the news and, as they say, time does help.  I won't say it heals the
wounds, but knowing my mother is doing as well as can be expected and she
has the support of all of us, I have now settled into a numb existence
trying to find the new "normal" for me.  I know firsthand that the actual
words don't really help, but the words, spoken or written, knowing other are
thinking of you does help, tremendously.  I take solace in the photos I have
of him, especially those taken just 3 days before his unexpected death.
Being photographers means that we perhaps have more of these than most
people do.

So, be with your mom and support her.  I hope she is in as good a health as
my mom at 87.  Hang in there.  You will be in my thoughts.

Aram

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
2:02 PM