Subject: [Leica] IMG: Fuzzillogic 2
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Dec 22 15:27:32 2007

Philippe Amard offered:

>>Just like this:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/112125-1/BW-Living-in-the-City.jpg

http://tinyurl.com/2qhu5d<<<<

Bon jour Philippe,

One must approach this "type of art" with a very open mind, particularly if
one is of the photojournalist gang. :-) Please keep that in mind!

First re-action? I'd have dumped it as it looks like something went wrong
with camera or photographer in a wild & crazy moment of imagination. Or it's
the results of a severely suffering hung over artist photographer. :-)

Now having said that, don't be offended and let me continue.

Several years ago when I was the Assnt. Executive Producer of the National
Film Board of Canada Still Division. I had to moderate and introduce a major
exhibition created by a group of artist photographers, primarily art types
using the photographic process to create their images rather than brush &
paint.

Yet they were still referred to as "photographers" when it had absolutely
nothing to do with the taking of pictures as perceived when one thinks about
photographs and photographers.

In the days before the opening of the exhibition I walked around the gallery
shaking my head not believing we were sponsoring such a pile of garbage when
mega-dollars were involved!

But the more times I did my walk about the more fascinating it became and I
found I did very much like many of them. Not all, because some were truly
garbage. Several were extremely enlightening due to the imagination of
creation.

So my respect for those who use the medium and process of photography in
creating their art truly are a special breed who sit apart from every day
photographers' such as myself and thousands of others.

So this is to merely illustrate I do not speak without "photography art"
experience. I find your image interesting and if I were a collector of B&W
art photography I would surely have this in my collection. But wondered if
it might not be more effective if in colour?

ted

Replies: Reply from jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] Whither digital images as well?)