Subject: [Leica] IMG: les aveugles
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Dec 23 15:25:03 2007

Just to stir this a bit. :-)

I like the head-body positioning in relationship to the painting along with
a note of experience on this kind of shoot.

You'll find many interesting body language situations in relation to the
art, photographs, whatever is on the walls if you're working near a corner
setting.

I'd almost bet Philippe is shooting toward a corner to the right (out of
sight) as we see this picture because of the head and body directions.
Philippe were you?

The hand/paper on the left side, although not a great distraction, is one if
you read the photograph carefully. And I don't believe there's enough hand
arm body to make it part of the overall look of the picture.

As Hoppy says, it indicates another human. Well it does, but there isn't
enough to make it worthwhile therefore it becomes a bit of a distraction
that can be "burnt down" slightly, less obvious.

Or crop the photo removing the hand/paper eliminating the distraction
leaving the heads - painting still the key elements, therefore it survives.

You can't crop vertically from the left in due to taking out the lady in
blue shirt top and shoulder scarf who is a key part of the design.

So you're left to burn, darken the hand/paper or crop just taking them out.
A shortened photo but it just makes it.

In my humble opinion.

ted