Subject: [Leica] Christmas time, N.M.
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Dec 22 21:06:03 2007

Ken showed:

>>> At the Taos Pueblo:

>http://tinyurl.com/2gvar7

Philippe Orlent responded:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Christmas time, N.M.

>>>I don't know how I have to 'read' this photograph, Ken. Not knowing New
Mexico is difficult to interpret this as this a poor place or as a normal
place.

Are these adobe houses? Wasn't this a kind of 'prodected' native

American architecture? Do they all look like that in this kind of

weather (although Santa Fe adobe houses seem nicer to me)?<<<<

Philippe mon ami,

Don't over analyze the scene as you are doing above. One should look at what
is before you as a photograph and make a comment. Yes it's interesting to
know the other details, but Ken offered a photograph and that's all that
matters when judging any photograph.

>>>Anyway, even without knowing this it is an intriguing photograph,also due
to good composition and the fact the dogs look out of the photo: it adds to
the mystery.

It has a funny twist, too: the dog 'bears a pole on his ear'.

I'm not sure if it needs that.

But love it.<<<

And in the above comment it is perfect! :-)

ted