Subject: [Leica] IMG: (more) Kyoto Pic
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Mon Dec 24 00:31:04 2007

If I remember correctly, this is one of the oldest Torii gate in
existence. The wooden trunks used are not polished or painted. The
picture is not scanned flipped :-) The backsides of the banners are
showing, hence the mirror images of the words. The Kanji say
"Historic Road." There are lots of white paper wish charms hanging
for the blessings of the gods. The tour guide is wearing traditional
split toe tabi shoes.

http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/PICS/imgScan-071219-0013.jpg

// richard (This email is for mailing lists. To reach me directly,
please use richard at imagecraft.com)