Subject: [Leica] Lightroom off on a tangent
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue Dec 25 02:06:39 2007

I thought I had solved my problem by trashing my library and reimporting it.

It worked for about 10 days or so.

Today I was editing about a dozen shots from Malawi.

Everything went fine until I got to the last one.

Maybe Lightroom is doing something in the background that is really
cool but that I don't have to patience to wait for (15 minutes should
be about right when it comes to patience in the Christmas spirit).

So ... I am going to lose all of my edits, I guess. Windows Task
Manager tells me Lightroom is not responding (wow! I didn't know that
already) and 53% of the CPU is being used (not so much that I can't
write this in the other 47%).

I'm on a good laptop (ASUS F3J), 2 gb of memory, plenty of harddisk,
but wasted time after using Lightroom to edit files from a Nikon D80.

This is twice. One more time of bombing out on me and it is going out the
door.

I would definitely not advise anyone to pay for this software before
really running it through the paces for a 30 day trial period. Don't
just poke at it. Use it. It very well not be the stuff you are looking
for.

Daniel

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Lightroom off on a tangent)
Reply from gwpics at googlemail.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] Lightroom off on a tangent)