Subject: [Leica] Lightroom off on a tangent
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Wed Dec 26 11:03:02 2007

On Dec 25, 2007 11:14 AM, Michiel Fokkema <michiel.fokkema@wanadoo.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Lightroom freezes on a regular basis on my laptop.
> Restarting the laptop helps and it will run again while keeping all the
> edits. I'm under the impressing that it happens when I want to do things
> to fast.

I was lucky too. When I rebooted, I was able to start it up again
(though grudgingly, the CPU fan goes up to high revolutions and I keep
hoping it won't freeze again). And ... like you, I hadn't lost any
edits. That was a relief.

I wasn't in a hurry. This was a "holiday moseying around" kind of work.

> I only use lightroom for digital captures which I make less and less.
> All film scans have to go through PS anyway and I catalog them in Iview.
> I therefore don't use Lightroom that much and can live with it's behavior.

Yeah, I use Photoshop for most things and Lightroom for digital
capture. But I get jealous of all the people popping up their shots on
the train on the way home, so I've been hoping it would work out for
me.

It will. It has never given me problems on my desktop and I even
catalogue all my scans through it there. That library is over 300
megabytes now and I would be disturbed if it gave me problems.

It hasn't. None at all.

Daniel

Message from michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema) ([Leica] Lightroom off on a tangent)