Subject: [Leica] Way OT: bike advice
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Wed Dec 26 12:11:21 2007

Harvey

I have driven a R50/2 with sidecar, twenty years ago. The R75/5 was a
technically mature motorcycle, extremely robust and reliabale. No mayor
diseases known except those little quirks a 36 yrs. old machine might
have. Disassembling, cleaning and reassembling the top of the carburator
from time was the ony BMW R-specific maintainment I did, beside the
regular greasing and screw tightening.

If it is as described and runs after one or two startkicks, don't
hesitate, but do negotiate. Here in Europe they sell for less it seems to
me - except they're really, really mint.

Have fun with it. You shouldn't carry milk bottles on the luggage rack
except if you want to produce butter.

More informations and links here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_R75/5

Didier