Subject: [Leica] Question: M8
From: leowesson at gmail.com (leo wesson)
Date: Sat Dec 29 16:28:20 2007

Sandy,

I use an m8 and a d-200 for my work.  Honestly, I struggle with the m8.  You
have to make some concessions to it, you have to use the ir filters, some of
your lenses won't like it.  I've gotten more corrupt files from it than any
other camera; weird stuff that I've not encountered before.  I don't 100%
trust it (I could also say that also about the d-200, but would never say
that about an M6, M7 maybe...)

All that being said, I wouldn't do without it.  It wasn't a seamless
transition by any means from my m6 or 7 and obviously I'm still coming to
terms with it.

It's a joy to use my m glass on something higher res than the epson.  I've
noticed that it gives me a cloak of invisibility.  People assume that you
aren't a pro when you shoot with this old fashioned looking camera.

Leo Wesson
Photographer/Videographer
817.733.9157