Subject: [Leica] Question: M8
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Sat Dec 29 19:36:24 2007

Jeffery Smith <jsmith342@gmail.com> wrote:

> I decided to pack it up in its original box, and put it in the
> back of my closet...

Jeffery, you're only punishing yourself.  If you can't bear the thought of
using the M8, sell it and pay off the damned credit card.  But I think in
the long run you'll be better off sorting out whatever problems come up and
use the camera.

My first SL had a loose mirror, a light leak, a shutter speed dial that lost
its paint and came off, and the light meter quit in cool weather.  All
within the 1-year warranty period.  Leica USA has also sent the wrong parts,
and Solms re-assembled my 280 APO's aperture mechanism wrong and to top it
of they lost its front cap.  I dread sending anything to Leica for service.

Yes I was pissed off and I cursed their service but once the problems were
sorted out I was left with a superb tool that was capable of making the
finest quality photos and taunted me to live up to its abilities.  I now
carry the camera everywhere because its not about Leica and their service
it's me and the photos I make with the camera.  And I carry a backup.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from ken at iisaka.org (Ken Iisaka) ([Leica] Question: M8)