Subject: [Leica] Heading into 2008
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin@afirkin.com)
Date: Sun Dec 30 17:45:48 2007

Back from Christmas: we had a wonderful family day, as I hope all of you
did. It is now time to wish all my friends on the LUG all the best for the
coming new year. Lets hope its a good one. Here in Australia (Victoria) it
is "hot as Hades" blowing up to 42c today and should be around the mid 30's
as we see in the new year. That could produce a lot of beer drinking and
make my day on duty Jan 1 all the more busy, but we live in hope.

I was lazing around in the heat over the weekend, catching up with my
reading and feeling a bit nostalgic. So I pulled out the "family-albums" and
reviewed family images I've taken dating back to the early 70's. I have to
say, that I have yet to become convinced that the "snap-shots" produced by
the digital "techniques" are anything like as good as the snaps taken with
film a few years earlier, and b/w still rings bells, so it is with this in
mind, that new year resolution number one is to clear out the junk from the
darkroom (ie all that colour gear) and get back into printing. Look out
print exchange ;-)

NYR number 2 is to lose this excess christmas mass ;-) and number 3 ------
well, I'll wait till close to midnight.

So Cheers, here's luck and love luck and laughter to you and yours

Alastair and Helen

Replies: Reply from lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] Heading into 2008)