Subject: [Leica] Blurb buzzed
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Dec 30 23:25:35 2007

> Mark, that's if you want a full bleed image. Re the sRGB, Blurb's software
> ignores any embedded colour space anyway and assumes
> sRGB.
> So the colour space is only relevant as far as approximating on your
> monitor
> what your pictures will look like printed as far as the
> gamut. The difference can be dramatic on saturated blues and greens, for
> example. Won't matter at all for BW either! As sent to you
> off-list, you'd need to soft-proof with the correct HP printer ICC profile
> if
> you want to get closer. That's only for the smaller
> books also.
>
> Cheers

Well I just sent them off to Jim and forgot to switch the color space.

It had been my impression that just as long as you had any color space at
all you were more than halfway home as one color space converts
automatically ot another color space which whoever is using  and differences
are subtle.
At least they seem subtle when I on the fly convert color spaces and watch
it change. Doest not change that much. You can see a slight change though.

But thanks for the info!

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com