Subject: [Leica] The 2007 LUG Yearbook Now Available!
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Tue Jan 1 11:17:06 2008

Thanks Jim, already ordered mines
Best!
Luis

-----Mensaje original-----
De: lug-bounces+luisripoll=telefonica.net@leica-users.org
Jim Shulman
Enviado el: martes, 01 de enero de 2008 9:07
Para: 'Leica Users Group'
Asunto: [Leica] The 2007 LUG Yearbook Now Available!

It's for sale at http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/156991

A few items to note:

112 individuals submitted images for the yearbook.
This year's edition is 238 pages long.
The book contains three introductory essays: from me (editor), from Brian
Reid (LUG founder), and from Kyle Cassidy (LUG provocateur and Friend of
Felines).

The theme of this year's book is The Year of the M8.  Whether or not you own
an M8, it is a camera that has changed the perception of Leica as a viable
niche camera manufacturer.

The price of the book has increased, due to both the increased page count
(price increases after 200 pages and 240 pages), plus a $5 "profit" that
will go to Project H.O.M.E. once again. In the US, the hardcover price is
$64.95, and in paperback $49.95.  There are a variety of shipping options,
at various prices. Typically a blurb.com book takes ten days to two weeks
for delivery from time of order.

A note for those who have joined since 2006: Why Project H.O.M.E.?
(www.projecthome.org)  There was a heated LUG discussion last year about the
ethics of photographing homeless people; I decided to forward any book
profits to help an organization that provided shelter, medical care, and
training for the homeless. Project H.O.M.E. has received a 4-star rating
from Charity Navigator; for more information www.charitynavigator.org

Last year I added the Project H.O.M.E. surcharge well after the first spate
of book orders--as a result, it produced a grand total of $26 in revenues.
I rounded that up to $100 and sent them my check in early December 2007.
Project H.O.M.E. replied, "Thank you so much for your support--good luck
with next year's edition!"  With any luck we'll be able to give them a
larger check for 2008.

Reminder that all contributed are thanked for their participation, but are
not under any obligation whatsoever to purchase copies of the book.  Book
purchases are completely voluntary!  There is no minimum purchase for the
project.

Apologies in advance for any errors in images or text.  I did the best I
could with the information furnished.  All those whose images and text I
included in the book should have received a reply e-mail from me, with a
proof of the caption text.

Hope you enjoy the book! I certainly did.

Now start taking pictures for the 2008 edition!

Best regards,
Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA