Subject: [Leica] IMG: 4 more from Guatemala
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Wed Jan 2 08:34:01 2008

On Jan 2, 2008, at 8:30 AM, Tina Manley wrote:

> PESO:
>
> I'm still going back through old slides and scanning them.  All of
> the originals are Kodachromes taken with either the R6.2 or M6.
>
> http://tinamanley.smugmug.com/gallery/3896589/1/238719197/Large
>
> http://tinamanley.smugmug.com/gallery/3896589/1/238724862/Large
>
> http://tinamanley.smugmug.com/gallery/3837836/1/222004293#238731602-A-LB
>
> http://tinamanley.smugmug.com/gallery/3837836#238740466-A-LB
>
> Comments and criticisms greatly appreciated.

Tina, please let me be very direct and honest.

these in no way compare to your great work in the past... the old bw
M6 Noctilux images were majestic, beautiful, poetic, immensely
touching...

are just giving up, to suit the marketplace ??

I know you are trying to appeal to a mass audience...but really ?

Burger King compared to Chez Panisse  ?

these filters are doing nothing helpful here, and sadly these images
appear over worked, hokie, unreal...

the poor people look like specimens in a dermatology textbook...

sorry,

Steve