Subject: [Leica] Christmas flowers
From: matthew at hunt.tc (Matthew Hunt)
Date: Wed Jan 2 09:38:34 2008

Happy Christmas and New Year everybody from East Anglia and a show of
village church flowers.  And glad to hear of Adam and Jan's escape: your
Guardian Angel was busy that day.  To continue the poetry theme, this stanza
from John Betjemen's poem 'Christmas', introduces my latest LUG gallery,
done with M8, Summicron 35 and Summilux 50:

The holly in the windy hedge
And round the Manor House the yew
Will soon be stripped to deck the ledge,
The altar, font and arch and pew,
So that villagers can say
'The Church looks nice' on Christmas Day.

the ledge,
http://tinyurl.com/2zhayd

the altar,
http://tinyurl.com/2g82kd

font
http://tinyurl.com/2culry

and pew
http://tinyurl.com/28rngh

and this one of the Christmas tree was inspired by Mark Pope's Aldbourne
picture (I may have over-processed it) - using an old Elmarit 21
http://tinyurl.com/23y7jt

This concludes my 'Year in Flowers' project.  If anyone has the time to
comment on individual pictures I would be grateful for advice.  I think I am
now fairly good at White Balance indoors, using a combination of Expodisc,
Colour Balance Lens (as in LFI recently), colour chart, white card, and dead
reckoning.  I use a tripod, but wonder if I should use even longer exposures
to allow smaller aperture and greater DoF, as a floral display can be 50cm
from front to back, but I love shooting with larger apertures to get the
best texture in the pictures.  I know there are some excellent flower
photographers on the LUG.

Best wishes for 2008, and thanks for looking

Matthew