Subject: [Leica] Screwed by KEH / lookikng for an alternative
From: summarex at hotmail.com (Javier Perez)
Date: Wed Jan 2 21:33:39 2008

Thanks Bob
Must be gone by now.I hear his equipment is usually well/conservatively.
But those prices!
Javier
> From: Thinkofcole@aol.com> Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 16:23:11 -0500> Subject:
> Re: [Leica] Screwed by KEH / lookikng for an alternative> To:
> lug@leica-users.org> CC: summarex@hotmail.com> > Javier, Jeffrey mentioned
> George Ury _http://www.georgeury.com/_ > (http://www.georgeury.com/) ...he
> just listed a CLE with a 40mm but it ain't > free...have a look...bob
> cole> > > In a message dated 1/2/2008 3:51:35 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> > summarex@hotmail.com writes:> > > Thanks Jeffrey> Ritzcam!> I hadn't
> thought of that!> Thanks for the links. I was beginniong to wonder where >
> the stores had gone!> I am so steamed about KEH.> I can't believe I
> recommended them to someone > less than a year ago.> Javier> Date: Wed, 2
> Jan 2008 13:50:54 -0600> From: jsmith342@gmail.com> To: >
> lug@leica-users.org> Subject: Re: [Leica] Screwed by KEH / lookikng for an
> > alternative> > I spoke to someone at KEH last year who confirmed that
> the web > orders are> almost an afterthought. Phone orders always get
> first priority, > so something> can get sold out from under you if they
> don't get back to the > web order list> for a day or two.> > Just about
> every place has something good > about it and something bad about> it.
> Kevin Cameras has an enormous > selection, but his prices are super-high,>
> and I have seen him selling the exact same > item in multiple auctions on
> ebay> (simultaneously).> > > http://www.ritzcam.com/> > Sandy Ritz is a
> good guy.> > I've also had good experiences with > George Ury.>
> http://www.georgeury.com/> > I've never had a bad experience with KEH >
> (and I have probably bought 50> items from them), so don't write them off
> > *too* quickly. Just use the phone> instead of ordering on the web.> >
> Jeffery> > > On Jan 2, 2008 1:12 PM, Javier Perez <summarex@hotmail.com>
> wrote:> > >> > > I can't believe this.> > I placed an online order for a
> non working Minolta > CLE. I paid with my> > card and checked out fully
> expecting to get the camera > in about two days.> > Instead I get a note
> from KEH the next day or the day > after sa
ying that> > the ca,mera had been sold. I complained that I was the > one it
should> > have been sold to and I tell tham that I witnessed the item >
disappear from> > their stock list immediately after I placed the order. I
get > back an> > argumentative letter. It sez the camera was ordered on line
an > hour before> > but goes back on the stock list or stays on it because
of a > computer> > glitch. To make things worse, they acknowledge that they
give > preference> > phone orders over online orders.> >> > I can't believe
that an outfit > this pricey would have done this to me. I> > don't even
know if I believe > their excuse. I've been dealing with these> > people> >
longer than I can > remember and this is what I get for it. I shoulda> >
suspected somethingf was > amiss a few months back when I ordered an as is>
> camera> > and I got a receipt > without a serial number printed on it! I
can't even> > prove I bought the > thing!> >> > Anyway I was wondering if
any of you guys know of outlets besides > ebay> > where I might get a decent
selection abt better prioces than those > KEH> > people.> > Every place I
used to buy from is closed!> >> > Javier> > >