Subject: [Leica] Screwed by KEH / lookikng for an alternative
From: Thinkofcole at aol.com (Thinkofcole@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jan 2 13:23:23 2008

Javier, Jeffrey mentioned George Ury   _http://www.georgeury.com/_
(http://www.georgeury.com/)    ...he  just listed a CLE with a 40mm but it
ain't
free...have a look...bob cole

In a message dated 1/2/2008 3:51:35 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
summarex@hotmail.com writes:

Thanks Jeffrey
Ritzcam!
I hadn't thought of that!
Thanks  for the links. I was beginniong to wonder where
the stores had gone!
I  am so steamed about KEH.
I can't believe I recommended them to someone
less than a year ago.
Javier> Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 13:50:54  -0600> From: jsmith342@gmail.com>
To:
lug@leica-users.org> Subject:  Re: [Leica] Screwed by KEH / lookikng for an
alternative> > I spoke to  someone at KEH last year who confirmed that the
web
orders are> almost an  afterthought. Phone orders always get first priority,
so something> can get  sold out from under you if they don't get back to the
web order list> for a  day or two.> > Just about every place has something
good
about it and  something bad about> it. Kevin Cameras has an enormous
selection, but his  prices are super-high,> and I have seen him selling the
exact same
item in  multiple auctions on ebay> (simultaneously).> >
http://www.ritzcam.com/> > Sandy Ritz is a good guy.> > I've also  had good
experiences with
George Ury.> http://www.georgeury.com/> >  I've never had a bad experience
with KEH
(and I have probably bought 50>  items from them), so don't write them off
*too* quickly. Just use the  phone> instead of ordering on the web.> >
Jeffery>
> On Jan 2,  2008 1:12 PM, Javier Perez <summarex@hotmail.com> wrote:> >  >>

I can't believe this.> > I placed an online order for a  non working Minolta
CLE. I paid with my> > card and checked out fully  expecting to get the
camera
in about two days.> > Instead I get a note  from KEH the next day or the day
after saying that> > the ca,mera had  been sold. I complained that I was the
one it should> > have been sold  to and I tell tham that I witnessed the
item
disappear from> > their  stock list immediately after I placed the order. I
get
back an> >  argumentative letter. It sez the camera was ordered on line an
hour before>  > but goes back on the stock list or stays on it because of a
computer>  > glitch. To make things worse, they acknowledge that they give
preference> > phone orders over online orders.> >> > I can't  believe that
an outfit
this pricey would have done this to me. I> >  don't even know if I believe
their excuse. I've been dealing with these>  > people> > longer than I can
remember and this is what I get for it.  I shoulda> > suspected somethingf
was
amiss a few months back when I  ordered an as is> > camera> > and I got a
receipt
without a serial  number printed on it! I can't even> > prove I bought the
thing!>  >> > Anyway I was wondering if any of you guys know of outlets
besides
ebay> > where I might get a decent selection abt better prioces  than those