Subject: [Leica] 15 cv cyan crap
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Thu Jan 3 21:17:48 2008

At 12:08 AM -0300 1/4/08, Eduardo Albesi wrote:
>Hi Leo,
>you can try to use one of the older 13,5cm or
>135mm adapters from Leitz. Their ring covers
>perfectly the sensors and then the CV15 can be
>coded as a 16mm WATE. There is one John Milich
>who sells adapters with ready to code grooves
>already machined into it. You can fill the
>grooves with black paint as needed (it seems the
>sensors read only the blacks in the 6 bits
>code). His email is jm@milich.com and I am in no
>way related to him.
>
>To mount the IR cut filter some use a 39mm
>filter inside the hood and retained by a
>suitable rubber o-ring
>
>ed a
>

>El 03/01/2008, a las 22:49, leo wesson escribi?:
>
>>  So how do I get rid of this awful cyan vingetting that I get with the
>> 15cv
>>  and the M8?  I thought I could code the lens like it was a WATE but the
>> ltm
>>  to m adapter doesn't cover the sensors for lens coding.
>>  Frustraaaating.
>>
>>  Leo

If you don't mind an extra step and want to save
some money get the newest adapters from Cosina;
they don't have the cutout notch either, and can
be milled by John Milich for the coding. I got
some adapters from John, and while nice they're
rather pricey.

This, along with the 21's and the WATE need the
Leica filters; the camera correction does its
best with these. The B+W and Heliopan filters
which are fine for longer lenses are not as well
suited to the widest lenses.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design