Subject: [Leica] The Tele elmarit 135 Is So A Real Pooch of a Lens
From: buzz.hausner at verizon.net (Buzz Hausner)
Date: Fri Jan 4 14:21:23 2008

Hey, they're cheap enough; you bought one, so you can decide for yourself if
the lens is any good.  I think all of the 135 Elmarits had the same optical
formula, but I could be mistaken about that.  Even so, I have used
Expressions I and II and in my opinion they were both miserable.  I don't
know anything about the R series lenses, but I would never acquire an M lens
based on someone's evaluation of an R lens of similar focal length and
f-stop.

What is your unstated purpose for needing this lens?  It might make a good
portrait lens if you could solve the framing problem.  I for one would be
reluctant to use it as a paperweight because the edges of the lens mount
could etch fine paper.

Buzz

Replies: Reply from iilbz at yahoo.com (DL) ([Leica] The Tele elmarit 135 Is So A Real Pooch of a Lens)
Reply from michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema) ([Leica] The Tele elmarit 135 Is So A Real Pooch of a Lens)