Subject: [Leica] modern photoreportage?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Jan 11 10:41:58 2008

Tina offered:

>> My first impression was that they were posed.  I don't really know why,
but going back and looking at them again, I still get that impression.<<<

Hi Tina & B.D.,

Interesting you both have similar feelings as myself. Because on my first
look at this so called modern photo-reportage my instant re-action was.

"Bull s. It's all posed!" They're faking it or are so blown away under the
influence they don't really know what they're doing but "posing as the
photographer tells them what to do!" And if that's the case they'll do
whatever asked in posing so they'll get the next fix!

Quite frankly it has nothing to do with Photojournalism nor photo-reportage
because it's all part of a new "Portrait fashion look!" Or a kind of
illustration shoot for a magazine article.

ted