Subject: [Leica] Summarit Reviews
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Jan 12 04:37:39 2008

> Mark
>
> Not shure if you're right. I'm not really interested in lenstests, but
> what I
> can see is that those jpgs of the comparison charts shot with the more
> renowned asph summicrons (right samples) have obviously been unsharp masked
> (resharpened), while the summarit pictures (left samples) have obviously
> not
> been. I opened both in PS and zoomed into - the summicron shots have the
> typical microcontrast effect which is dued to UM, not sharper glass.
>
> So let me interpret Puts:
>
> Rule 1: Leica is always better.
> Rule 2: The more expensive Leica lenses are always better than the less
> expensive Leica lenses.
> Rule 3: If rule 1 or 2 can not be applied, use Photoshop.
>
> :-) Didier

Well Erwin of course would not do that. Even if he had a reason to and I
can't see what that reason would be.
Though I can see how you can see it looks like that by  just looking at it.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Summarit Reviews)