Subject: [Leica] When in doubt ask photographer
From: michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema)
Date: Sat Jan 12 08:38:55 2008

I really do like her work.
I think it is very difficult in documentary photography not to be an
influence.
One cn clearly see this in the film "war photographer". in this film
James Nachtwey is closely followed. He has a small video camera on his
canon. One moment he wants to photograph a crying woman. Her son is
making way for James and thus the photographer is interfering.
In physics you have the same phenomena. The result of the experiment is
different because one does the experiment.
Just the fact that a photographer is there, the way things go are changed.
BTW:she got an award from Magnum.

Best regards,

Michiel Fokkema