Subject: [Leica] Southern Railway Bridge. QUESTION?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Jan 19 07:11:32 2008

Ric Carter showed:

http://tinyurl.com/2uh4gw <http://tinyurl.com/2uh4gw%3c%3c> <<

Hi Ric,

I meant to comment on your photograph the other day, unfortunately it was
swept away in a semi mass delete. :-(

This is a wonderful extremely well composed picture. In B&W it becomes a
beautiful "Art piece!" No question, a hang it on the wall perfect!

I just can't imagine this in colour and having the same visual impact we see
here. I think colour would distract from the form?

However because it has such solid balance this would be a great example to
prove the point that a "Perfect picture" can be observed in both colour or
B&W at the same time and be just as attractive. It's said somewhere, "A
photograph that is perfect can be seen in both or turned upside down and it
holds it's composition attraction as the "Perfect Picture!"

I've seen a few abstracts work in this manner, rarely a real life photo as
this. Do you have it in colour or did you only shoot B&W?

Might be worth a look if you have the time. Oh and the colour? Thank you.

ted

Replies: Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Southern Railway Bridge. QUESTION?)