Subject: [Leica] LUG books: coming soon
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin@afirkin.com)
Date: Sun Jan 20 16:13:07 2008

G'day all,
reading about the LUG books arriving (and awaiting mine) I thought I'd best
start warning you that I have been working on my new year's resolution to
finish off a book of the FOM2 project.

It has taken me 5 hours to get the first 50 images in "shape" and ready to
go, so with 450 to go, my plan to finish by the end of January is going to
be tough, but I'm very determined. One of the "problems" is the large number
of images that never arrived in print or CD format. With some careful use of
interpolation, I think I can make something of the submitted small images,
but it is going to be a compromise that I did not really want to make. But
now that the other issues are resolved, and blurb has a format to suit and a
postal system to boot, it will get done.

SO, if you meant to send in your high res scans and never did get around to
it, you will only now have a few weeks to do so. I will try to "call" for
lost images but if I cannot find them, then I will use the submitted small
file THBOMA: to the best of my ability and hope it "satisfies".

Cheers and here's luck

Alastair

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] LUG books: coming soon)
Reply from michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema) ([Leica] LUG books: coming soon)