Subject: [Leica] Bolivia, Peru and the Amazon - advice requested
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Jan 20 16:48:46 2008

At 07:41 PM 1/20/2008, you wrote:
>I would appreciate the collective wisdom of the group on the subject
>of our tour covering parts of Bolivia, Peru,  and the Upper Amazon (La
>Paz, Lima, Lake Titicaca, and ride on the river}. I know that that a
>group tour is not the optimal photo environment, but we have paid for
>the trip, so my question relates to what to take, what to do, and any
>other information that you care to offer.

That sounds like a great trip, Clive.  Your greatest challenge will
be high contrast at high altitude. Do whatever you can to minimize
the extreme high contrast - shoot mainly in shadows, use fill
flash.  The colors are very saturated and almost unbelievable.  The
people are friendly, the food is wonderful, the bathrooms are a challenge.

Have a great trip!  I would never do it without the M8, but YMMV!

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI
http://www.tinamanley.com