Subject: [Leica] Bolivia, Peru and the Amazon - advice requested
From: clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss)
Date: Sun Jan 20 16:41:47 2008

We have just booked a tour to South America with our favorite tour
company. SHMBO wanted to get away from the Chicago winter. I wanted to
see the Amazon. This is the result.
I would appreciate the collective wisdom of the group on the subject
of our tour covering parts of Bolivia, Peru,  and the Upper Amazon (La
Paz, Lima, Lake Titicaca, and ride on the river}. I know that that a
group tour is not the optimal photo environment, but we have paid for
the trip, so my question relates to what to take, what to do, and any
other information that you care to offer.
I am planning to take a D300 with 18-200 zoom, and a D200 with 12-24
zoom, plus a 35mm f/2 in case it gets really dark.  The M8 feels not
quite the right thing for this trip, so it stays at home.
Details of the tour are at http://tinyurl.com/2ly4vo
Advice solicited.
--
Clive