Subject: [Leica] What to use for concert photography?
From: freakscene at weirdness.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Sun Jan 20 20:03:50 2008

I've done a lot of concert photography.  I found that Image Stabilisation
isn't very useful because it has no effect on subject movement; you still
need to have high shutter speeds to freeze the action.  A DSLR with good
high ISO noise characteristics makes a lot of sense for shots with longer
lenses.

In smaller venues I can often get very close to the performers and use an M7
or M8 with 50/1 or 35/1.4.

Marty

Gallery:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/main.php?g2_itemId=7617

Most people can only judge of things by the experiences of ordinary life,
but phenomena outside the scope of this are really quite numerous.
        Shen Kuo - 'Dream Pool Essays'

--
Want an e-mail address like mine?