Subject: [Leica] beer
From: freakscene at weirdness.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Sun Jan 13 02:37:31 2008

Tooheys New is brewed in Lidcombe, Sydney.  I had several at the cricket on
Thursday night.  It's pretty good, but I like Tooheys Old better - a dark
ale style beer and the first that John Thomas Toohey started brewing at his
original brewery at Darling Harbour in 1869.  Tooheys Old and a Western
Australian dark beer called Dogbolter are the only Australian beers in the
Great Beer Guide.

Here in SA, we have Coopers, who produce rather startlingly good Pale and
Sparkling Ales and a variety of other great brews.  Tasmania's Cascade
brewery produces a very nice Premium Lager and used to seasonally release
several very tasty beers (Spring Fest, Summer Blonde, Autumn Amber and
Winter Warmer), two of which (Blonde and Amber) are now part of their
Degrave's Collection.

My favourite is Piss Beer http://www.pi55.com/ just for the name.

Fosters is reasonably uncommon in Australia, fortunately, since it's among
the most average Aussie beers.  Most Australians do live up to their
reputation of liking to drink.  I am partial to a tipple myself.

Marty

Gallery:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/main.php?g2_itemId=7617

Most people can only judge of things by the experiences of ordinary life,
but phenomena outside the scope of this are really quite numerous.
        Shen Kuo - 'Dream Pool Essays'

--
Are we headed for a recession? Read more on the Money Portal
Mail.com Money - http://www.mail.com/Money.aspx?cat=money

Replies: Reply from nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] beer)