Subject: [Leica] OT: Nikon D300 impressions so far
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sun Jan 20 23:13:55 2008

To me - I do not have either camera - the Nikon seems to be a far superior
system in every way but for  weight - even here a Nikon D40x + AFS VR 18-200
lens is an ideal carry around outfit (this I have!)

I really don't understand why this topic keeps recurring - for a straight
ahead SLR digital system, why would anyone look past Nikon or Canon at all?
They are available at every price point, make upgrading easy, and have every
accessory you would ever want. Unless you have M42/Leica R lenses, and are
dead bent on manual focusing!
Cheers
Jayanand