Subject: [Leica] OT: Nikon D300 impressions so far
From: octabod at gmail.com (Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas)
Date: Mon Jan 21 00:36:11 2008

On 21/01/2008, at 8:13, Jayanand Govindaraj wrote:

> To me - I do not have either camera - the Nikon seems to be a far
> superior
> system in every way but for  weight - even here a Nikon D40x + AFS
> VR 18-200
> lens is an ideal carry around outfit (this I have!)

At this point I do understand that we're discussing just personal
preferences, not trying to convince anyone about what is a superior
system, that's why this topic, like canvas bags or others alike keeps
poping-up often. To me, althought I do not own any of those systems,
but used it often [canon, nikon, oly], the oly lenses fits perfectly
my needs, with as much quality as any other in the SLRD market, often
more luminous, less bulky. I do like their skin colors ands greens out-
of-the-shelf better than the canon or nikons, their TTL-flash system
is understandable and not a moving target like used to be in nikons,
and frankly speaking, noise to me and what I do is a endless thead
filling subject more than an issue. But again, that's just me and my
kind of photography when I shot digital, if I were back to the press
biz, I'll use whatever my editor will give to me or he stated as
desirable for the job, and that's all.

And yes, your combo is a very nice carrying kit, but still I'd go with
the oly 410 and one of their nice lenses, and not because I have
something against nikon lurking inside me... I have no less than 4 of
them and a few lenses here. :)

Cheers.

Any day above ground is a good one.
http://luis.imaginarymagnitude.net