Subject: [Leica] OT: Nikon D300 impressions so far
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Jan 21 06:24:55 2008

Chris,
As a practical matter, shooting in 14 bit will improve your images as
there are literally millions more colors available.  In practical
terms this means that you will better hold black in tuxes when
confronted with white on dresses.  Your shooting speed will slow down
quite a bit, but most of the time you don't need three frames a second
so for for better color.

On 1/20/08, Christopher Williams <leicachris@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> Holy crap! As a long time Nikon user I can finally shoot above 800iso with
> no noise! Even 3200iso looks great. I've seen good 6400iso images from the
> D3 so I'm going to assume this is also possible with the D300 though I
> have not tried it.
>
> The D300 is miles above the D200, faster focusing,faster response time
> when shooting(always thought the D200 was sluggish), extreme improvement
> in high iso's, e
asier menu readout, etc. Still trying to figure out this 51 point AF
thing but so far I like it! And this new LCD 3" screen, it's almost
down right accurate! Big thanks to Nikon for including a new zoom
feature when viewing images. And file information is easier to read on
the screen.