Subject: [Leica] Experiences Elmarit ASPH 28 vs. IV generation E-46?
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Mon Jan 21 07:09:45 2008

Luis,

> On a local shop said me that the Elmarit 2,8/28mm IV generation (E-46)

> is a better lens than the new Elmarit ASPH 2,8/28mm.

The 28/2.8 E46 was the first Leica M lens that I bought new. I was
shocked by how well it performed. In fact, that lens convinced me to get
rid of all my "vintage" Leica M lenses and replace them with new.

I wish that I hadn't sold all of my older lenses. I'm trying to get a
more retro look and that's hard to do with all the newer (digital)
equipment. Images look too clean, for lack of a better description.

The 28/2.8 E46 might soon be considered vintage. :-)

DaveR