Subject: [Leica] Re: [LRflex] De Welt (Online) article re: M9 & R10.
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Thu Jan 24 02:20:18 2008

It is actually very vague when you read into what I've capitalised.

In Solms, work on phase three is in full swing. It's all about new
customers - and above all, new products. 110 new employees have been
hired, most of whom are not new to the company. 'Many of them were
already employed here and had to go', said Workers Council Chairman
Edgar Zimmerman. The company now has a workforce of 1040  the figure
before the crisis was 1500. The company reveals little about the future
of the Leica product range. AS FAR AS IS CURRENTLY KNOWN, developers are
working on three new models. One IS SUPPOSED TO BE a M9 rangefinder
camera with a full-frame sensor that ensures highest image quality. In
addition to this, an R10 SLR with an oversized chip and autofocus is IN
PLANNING - a complex and totally new development, even down to the
shutter and lenses. Finally, a kind of 'compact' digital M MAY enter the
market.

"in Arbeit" can mean under construction, under development or in
planning - all depends on how high you set your hopes - so much for the
purported precision of the German language.

Cheers from Hannover
Douglas