Subject: [Leica] R Lens info needed
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Thu Jan 24 09:30:14 2008

I have the 60/2.8 and it performs extremely well throughout the focus
range from macro to infinity. Sharp and snappy.
I had a 100/4 with bellows, it performed well if you like a sharp,
yet "creamy" look (smooth, lower contrast). I sold the lens because I
also had the 100/2.8 apo which simply out performed the /4 for most
applications. There have been moments when I regret selling the /4 -
when that "creamy" look was called for.

On Jan 24, 2008, at 9:38 AM, grduprey@mchsi.com wrote:

> Anybody have any experience with the two macro R lenses, 60/2.8 and
> the 100/4?  I have the opertunity to buy both and am wondering how
> they perform, both Macro and normal ranges.

Fond regards,
George
george@imagist.com
www.imagist.com