Subject: OT [Leica] Katz Eye Focusing Screens
From: jbraun at msn.com (J. Braun)
Date: Thu Jan 24 17:25:34 2008

I have a Katz Eye focusing screen with the "OptiBrite Treatment" treatment
installed in a D200.  I thought my focusing was off using
the OME screen.  The screen is brighter making manual focusing easier.
Darkening of the split image is minimal.
Subsequently, I found the autofocus was off worse than my eyes.  The camera
focused in front of the target.  I sent the body to
Nikon a few weeks ago.  I included a letter explaining the problem and
illustrations.  The camera body was repaired under warranty.
Maybe the replacement screen does not void the warranty.
J. Braun

Message: 16