Subject: [Leica] RE: OT: Nikon D300 impressions so far
From: jbraun at msn.com (J. Braun)
Date: Mon Jan 21 06:49:17 2008

If you have access to the February 2008 issue of "Popular Photography", you
may wish to read the reviews of the Olympus E-3 and
Nikon D300.
The editors favor the D300 for AF speed in low light, AF tracking, burst
rate, ergonomics, external flash controls, better noise at
high ISO, and better LCD.  They favor the E-3 for AF speed in bright light,
more external buttons, swiveling LCD, and body strength.
The articles are short, not too deep, but may be helpful.
J. Braun

>Message: 22
>Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 22:30:00 -0800
>From: Richard Man <richard-lists@imagecraft.com>
>Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Nikon D300 impressions so far
>To: Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>

>The Nikon D300 and the Oly E-3 are so close in running for me. It's the
>"what to do, what to do..." >They are just about the same
size and weight. Pros for Nikon are the prime lens, the bigger LCD, and
>possibly better high ISO performance. Pros for Oly are the
swiveling LCD, in body stabilization, >weather sealing, and edge to edge
lens sharpness. Argbggghghghghghgh.