Subject: [Leica] Capa or here we go again
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Jan 26 16:05:55 2008

Walt offered:

>> I'll bet I'll never believe in the "moment of death" image. I don't care
how many journalistic sycophants find proof 60 years after the fact. :-)<<<

Walt I agree with you having pretty well read everything written about him
over the years it's one of those "creative war story moments" that helped
make him the legend he's known as. And yes he earned it with his undying
bravado.

Not saying he didn't get into some crazy war scene situations but the "just
as he was hit soldier" has created so many questions and various versions of
when and how it was taken it's a tough call to believe it's the absolute
truth.

Hey it may well be the absolute moment of truth and good on him for a great
photograph.

Although I doubt we'll ever know the truth.

ted