Subject: [Leica] Re: Capa or here we go again
From: manolito at videotron.ca (EPL)
Date: Sun Jan 27 07:42:54 2008

The falling soldier image has always struck me as real, because it is so
strangely a split instant out of life. It is not a beautiful photo. It is
weird, the way pictures of people while they are eating look weird, in that
oddly human sort of way.

If Capa was trying to fake some kind of compelling, meaningful statement for
propaganda purposes, he could easily have orchestrated and composed
something far more obviously graphic, and we would have recognized it as a
set up, like those Nat Geo pictures with perfect placement of background
elements.

Emanuel

Replies: Reply from raimo.m.korhonen at uusikaupunki.fi (Raimo K) ([Leica] Re: Capa or here we go again)