Subject: [Leica] William Shirer Must Have Been a Real Photographer
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan dimitrov)
Date: Mon Jan 28 09:56:38 2008

So say you!
Shirer is also known as a historian.
Not many journalists of his day had a college degree.
Shirer had a liberal arts degree.
Mentioning the exceptional doesn't shed any light on the everyday and
common place.
The average newspaper, TV station, or local media outlet, these being
the bulk of what's out there, attract average journalists with very
low capabilities.
A basic degree in journalism using Ap style guidelines is all that's
required, if even that.
Even the Annenberg School of Communications, yeah the very one
founded by one of Richard Nixon's boyfriends, himself no great friend
of the press, serves the need for cross disciplinary education for
journalist.
It's certainly a good example of a response to the perceived failings
of the average journalist.
s.d.

On Jan 28, 2008, at 9:19 AM, <buzz.hausner@verizon.net> wrote:

> From: slobodan dimitrov <s.dimitrov@charter.net>
> Date: 2008/01/28 Mon AM 10:53:07 CST
> To: Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Capa or here we go again

Well, that certainly makes things absolutely clear.  Poor William
Shirer must have been a schizophrenic mess.

I guess the lesson is that all historians should be given Leicasalong
with their PhD diplomas.

Buzz>It is, Lt. Colonel Nguyen Ngoc Loan.