Subject: [Leica] How long has the M8 been out? Beyond warranty period?
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Mon Jan 28 23:23:28 2008

Though Leica has accelerated their production cycles since a certain time,
I doubt there will be a M9 on the shelves after Photokina 08. They'll not
own enough FF sensors at that time, likely. Maybe there will be an
announcement of it, available fo summer 2009 earliest, or so.

The third rumoured project after the M9 and R10 was the compact M - aka
digital CL. No new sensor needed, just reduce the M9. This one may hit in
Cologne in septembre, and this woudn't be that bad.

And, of course, they'll proudly present some new rebadged Panasonic products.

Didier

Replies: Reply from drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers) ([Leica] How long has the M8 been out? Beyond warranty period?)
Message from nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] How long has the M8 been out? Beyond warranty period?)