Subject: [Leica] Capa or here we go again
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Tue Jan 29 17:44:27 2008

B.D.--

I have no doubt about the existence and apparent power of coincidence
(although Adams was quoted as saying that he tensed his finger on the
shutter release and let the startle reaction to the sound of the
pistol shot complete the action at the decisive moment). In fact, it
was to sheer coincidence that I had attributed the phenomenal dying
soldier photo, which I had always taken at face value. But to have the
very SAME coincidence happen again moments later, to have been just
feet away from two different soldiers when they were hit and to have
snapped the shutter at the same point in the soldier's falls, with
both soldiers positioned about the same way in their body orientation
vis-a-vis the photographer, etc? A coincidence of coincidences? I
stand by my impression: it looks like attempts were being made to
stage a photo.

We may not need Scully and Mulder. The truth is out there...hopefully
in the valises.

--howard

Replies: Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan dimitrov) ([Leica] Capa or here we go again)