Subject: [Leica] Leica Announcement (?) - No M9 this year; M8 Upgrade
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Jan 30 15:46:02 2008

According to Guy Manusco on the user forum, the shutter is to be replaced
with a completely new unit, titanium blades, well damped,
said to be M6/7 noise level and flash synch at 1/80th!
Since shutter cocking noise was a source of complaint by many folks as the
camera first hit the market, this is a very interesting
development.

Cheers
Geoff