Subject: [Leica] Wow!! M8 Hardware Upgrade!
From: crbirchenhall at googlemail.com (Christopher Birchenhall)
Date: Thu Jan 31 14:32:44 2008

Note the following paragraph from Adorama's posting:

"A Leica representative suggested that other, more major upgrades and
possibly a new version of the M8 (an M8a, perhaps) may be introduced
at Photokina--and current M8 users would be able to upgrade to get all
of the new model's features."

My interpretation: PMA confirms the upgrade option which has already
been announced to M8 owners. But a new M-something at photokina, which
will be yet another upgrade? A new sensor at Photokina?

I get a feeling Leica is deliberating creating "uncertainty and
confusion" to keep its potential customer base dithering. Doesn't work
for me. I don't have time for Leica to sort the mess out and that D3
looks so tempting!

Chris B

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Wow!! M8 Hardware Upgrade!)