Subject: [Leica] Okay. I succumbed. I have a new black M8 on its wayfromRich Pinto.
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Fri Feb 1 09:15:07 2008

Luis,

>>I've succumbed too but on a different way, I've ordered a new M3 SS,
mine DS was a little too old...<<

I'm thinking about upgrading the back on my M3 to a metal pressure
plate. It has the glass plate. I've put a lot of film through it. I
never noticed a problem with static electricity but I suppose it could
happen.

My M3 is an early DS converted to SS. Based on serial number it's older
than I am. It still looks and works great (which is more than I can say
for its owner). I don't use it much. I have 2 M6's and use them because
of internal meters. But last night I was fooling with a Noctilux on the
M3. What a wonderful viewfinder! It's easy to forget just how wonderful
the M3 is when you don't use it often.

DaveR