Subject: [Leica] Adobe Photoshop reading Olypmus ORF files OT
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sat Feb 2 01:34:45 2008

Nathan you might also think of it as an inconvenience with proprietary RAW
formats rather than Adobe's fault.
My CS2 supports 130+ camera types. Not bad for free if you have and use CS2.
No problems with DNG support with every new camera using that format.
In fact, if you download the DNG converter and RAW update 4.3.1 the latest
RAW converter will only work with CS3 as you noted.
However the DNG converter bundled in the same download apparently supports
the E3.
Seems like a reasonable workaround to me. The DNG advantages are well known
anyway. I think that you can keep the original ORF
embedded in the DNG as well. I don't have an ORF from the E3 to test this.
Please let us know what you find.
Cheers
Geoff